We are excited to launch our 3rd annual Dine 4 Autism, on Tuesday, April 26th, 2016, in celebration of International Autism Awareness Month!
With help from more than 40 restaurants last year, we raised more than $13,000 (a more than 60% increase from our first year) in the Triangle to help 3,500+ families living with Autism Spectrum Disorder. While raising money and awareness were our primary goals, the event also gave our families a chance to feel supported by the restaurant community. They were empowered to take their entire families to dine out, which is a very hard task for many in our community.
What will participation mean for your restaurant?
Our event team will provide you with a point person for this event to ensure that your restaurant is featured in all event marketing. We are currently working on:
- An event website, listing all participating restaurants
- A social media marketing campaign across the Triangle community
- Table tent cards and posters about autism and our Chapter communities
What do we ask?
- Promote the event by putting up the posters as early as possible
- Distribute table tent cards the day of the event
- Commit to donate 10 % of all meals sold on April 26th, 2016 – dine in & carry out (Our event does not involve patrons bringing in flyers or mentioning their event participation.)
- Communicate as soon as possible after April 26th your total sales to your contact person
Who are we?
The Wake, Orange, Chatham and Durham County Chapters of the Autism Society of North Carolina (a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization), represent more than 3,500 families with autism in the Triangle area and many more statewide.
Each Chapter is responsible for providing family-to-family support, social events, topic-based workshops and social groups for families in their county. Chapters are run completely by volunteers and all proceeds from any fundraising event go directly back into our communities.
Interested in your restaurant partnering with us for Dine 4 Autism? Fill out the short form below and we will be in contact with you shortly.
Thank you for your interest in partnering with us in this Triangle-wide event!